There’s so much to love about the Tesla Model 3. It’s sleek, fast and offers a ton of driver assistance features. However, one area where the Tesla Model S outshines its little brother is charging. The best Level 2 charger for Tesla Model 3 helps you charge your car faster and more conveniently than ever before. You can complete a full charge in about an hour with one of these machines, which is essential if you plan on driving your vehicle as a primary form of transportation. Here is Best Auto Live‘s list of the top 5 best Level 2 chargers for Tesla Model 3.
Lectron NEMA 10-30 Level 2 EV Charger
The Lectron NEMA 10-30 Level 2 EV Charger is the perfect charging cable for home use. With a 21ft cable that’s long enough for most driveways or garages, this charger is compact and durable, making it ideal for everyday use. Utilizing the standard J1772 charging protocol, this charger is compatible with all electric cars and plug-in hybrid. With a charging speed of 3.86kw/hour, this charger will offer you 3x the charging speed in comparison to your car’s original charger.
1. Compatible with all electric cars and Plug-in Hybrids: This charger will work for any vehicle you may have, as long as it is compatible with the standard J1772 charging protocol, so think of this one basically acts like a universal charger.
2. Faster Charging Time: With 3x the charging speed that your original car came with, you’ll spend less time at home waiting for your vehicle to charge when it comes time to leave again
1. Longevity Issue with Power Lines: With increased use of electric cars will come an increase in power lines. The lifespan of these lines is unknown, and it is possible that they could be disabled by events such as storms or accidents before their expiry date and then rendered unusable.
Pulsar Plus Level 2 Electric Vehicle Smart Charger
This compact and powerful charger is perfect for charging your EV at home. With 240-volt Level 2 charging, it charges 7x faster than the standard Level 1 (120V) charging cables. Plus, it’s eco-friendly, using exclusively green energy from your solar panels or a mix of green + grid energy to charge your EV. Plus, it comes with a NEMA 14-50 plug included, so you can easily install it yourself.
1. Inexpensive Solution: Pulsar Plus Level 2 Electric Vehicle Smart Charger is the most affordable charger in its class, starting at just $795.
2. Plug-in Ready Design : Built to charge from a 240-volt outlet and includes connector for NEMA 14-50 plug (for SRP customers).
3. Save Money on Fuel Costs with Home Charging : Electric cars cost less than gasoline powered vehicles as you avoid paying high fuel prices and costly maintenance costs
4. Low Maintenance Cost : The average vehicle spends about 5% of its life time idle in a parking lot or garage which is where it’s charging between trips requiring no regular service other than an occasional battery inspection
1. WiFi has short Range: If there is not a strong connection, the app will not work properly. The range of Bluetooth is also limited to 30-feet outdoors and 10-feet indoors which could mean that the car might have already left before it’s able to be charged.
Splitvolt 24A NEMA 10-30 EV Charger
This 16.4 ft, 24 Amp charger is the fastest allowable rate for National Electric Code (NEC)-approved 30 Amp circuit, so you can rest assured that your vehicle is getting the fastest possible charge. The Splitvolt 24A NEMA 10-30 EV Charger also comes with real time charging status LED’s, so you can easily view the charging status of your vehicle. Plus, the all-weather IP55 rated enclosure ensures that your charger will withstand the elements.
1. Fast Charging: The Splitvolt 24A NEMA10-30 EV charger is rated at 16.4 feet, and has a maximum allowable rate of 168 amps for National Electric Code (NEC) approved 30 amp circuits, which means it is the fastest adapter on the market today and can charge your vehicle in as little as six to eight hours—a pretty impressive feat!
2. Durable Design: This powerful charging station features a safe IP55 rated enclosure designed with an internal circuit breaker that will help prevent sparking or fire if there are any malfunctions in wiring or power abnormalities
1. Not the Best for Extreme Weather Conditions: The Splitvolt 24A has a limited range when it comes to weather conditions because it does not work well in cold environments which require high voltages or extreme heat that would exceed 120 degrees Fahrenheit (49°C). This could make charging at home dangerous if you don’t have access to another source besides your house outlet or one provided by Splitvolt Splitter Switch (TM) (sold separately).
PRIMECOM Level 2 EV Charger
The PRIMECOM Level 2 EV Charger is the perfect way to keep your electric car fully charged and ready to go. This intelligent charger uses smart technology to automatically adjust the voltage to get the most life out of your battery. It’s also safe and secure, having passed rigorous multi-point tests to ensure quality and safety.
1. CAR CHARGER WITH SHOCK RESISTANT CASE: PRIMECOM chargers have a shock-resistant case to provide the safest, most durable and long-lasting charging experience for your EV.
2. EASY TO INSTALL DESIGN – With just the push of a couple buttons, you can install Primemecom Level 2 Charger to any surface. Installing Primecom charger is as easy as plugging in an extension cord with Type N connector; So it’s never out of reach regardless where you park your car during charging time!
3. PROTECTION AND DATA CAPTURE IS FUNCTIONALITY FOR DAYS OF USE – Unlike some other models on the market which require a new software download for data capture and protection every day that can sometimes take hours; The Primacom charger will not lose its functionality due to power interruptions from brown outs or surges thanks to its built in battery backup system!
1. Short Range – 50 Miles of range on these chargers means that it would be difficult for EV owners to go more than 50 miles before having to recharge their vehicle, negating much of the advantage over traditional gas powered automobiles.
JuiceBox 40 Smart Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station with WiFi
JuiceBox 40 Smart Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station with WiFi is the ultimate charging solution for your EV. With up to 7x faster charge, this high-power, 40 amperes, 10kW EV charging station is perfect for those with busy schedules. With built-in cable rack and security lock, it’s also safe and convenient to use. Plus, with the free JuiceNet app, you can control and monitor charging remotely, get notified when your car is fully charged, set reminders to charge, and more. With the JuiceBox 40 Smart EV Charging Station, you can charge your car smarter, faster, and cheaper.
1. Cost Effective: JuiceBox 40 charges up to 7x faster than other, older EV charger models.
2. Quick Charging Option for Multiple EVs: With 40 amps/10 kW of power and WiFi connectivity for remote control, you can charge two cars at once or a single car in less time than expected with a beefier electrical outlet adapter kit that plugs into your home’s circuit breaker box
3. User-Friendly App Design & Installation Flexibility: Free JuiceNet app lets you monitor charging remotely, set reminders to charge and more – all while saving on energy bills with smart grid technology
1. High cost of installation: The most significant price to be paid for installing a JuiceBox is the up-front fee for installation, which consists of labour and materials. Labor fees may also include time spent by our technician on site doing the install or pre-wiring work at your location in advance.
1. What is the best Level 2 charger for Tesla Model 3?
2. What are the benefits of using a Level 2 charger for Tesla Model 3?
3. What are the features of the best Level 2 charger for Tesla Model 3?
4. How can I choose the best Level 2 charger for Tesla Model 3?
5. How do you use the best Level 2 charger for Tesla Model 3?
There are a few things to keep in mind when using a Level 2 charger for Tesla Model 3. First, make sure that the charger is properly installed and working correctly. Second, always use an adapter that is compatible with the charger and the vehicle. Third, be sure to read the instructions carefully before use. Finally, always follow the manufacturer’s recommended charging times and procedures.