If you own a Tesla Model 3, an electric car with a trunk that’s too small for bikes, you probably don’t know what to do about it. Cars are one of the best ways to get around town, but not all of them can accommodate your trusty two-wheelers. Unless you want to park your bike in the front yard or in your living room, you’ll have to find a car rack that’s suitable for your vehicle. With the right options and accessories, you can safely and securely transport your bikes. Here is our list of the top 5 Best Bike Rack For Tesla Model 3.
DELUXE TRUNK-MOUNTED BIKE RACK
This is a good car rack for those who want to take their bikes with them but don’t want to install roof racks. It’s designed to not only fit most cars but protect the car from scrapes as well.
– The rack is very sturdy
– It’s easy to load a bike
– It was delivered in full with no defects
– Patented design, side straps, and individual tie downs
– Quick installation
– Fits many sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUVs
– You have to make sure your bike is strapped in tightly or the rack can have some wobble issues.
– You should make some changes to the straps to make sure they’re more sturdy to fix the wobbling issue.
Saris Bike Racks, Bones EX Car Trunk Bicycle Rack Carrier
Saris Bike Racks, Bones EX Car Trunk Bicycle Rack Carrier is a lightweight and strong bike rack. The rack has a three-bike capacity and premium bike hold-downs that are easy to use. The frame of the rack is rust-free and assembled with injection-molded arms and legs. It is compatible with 90% of the top vehicles sold and is the most popular.
– Lightweight at 11 lbs
– Strongest frame on the market, arc-based design separates bikes on different levels
– Fits 90% of the top vehicles sold
– Unique dog leg fits over most spoilers, including those on popular sedans, hatchbacks, and SUVs
– Carries 3 bikes (35lb/bike)
– Premium bike hold downs that are easy to use and quick to load
– Rubber feet articulate to protect the paint
– Injection-molded arms and legs keep the rack solid for years to come
Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Racks for 2 in. Hitch
The Allen Sports 4-bike rack for 2-inch hitches is not bad. The arms just snap in, and you tighten that with a leveler. It grabs onto the bike with a strap and clips in.
– Hitch insert fits 2-inch receiver hitches
– Carry arms snap into place right out of the box
– Dual compound tie-down cradles and quick set straps individually secure and protect bicycles
– No wobble bolts eliminate movement of rack inside of hitch
– Internal tilt-away release allows for the easy lift gate access
– It is heavy, and it can take up a lot of space in a vehicle
– Include a hook for the front wheel for easier locking and unlocking process
Tyger Auto TG-RK3B203S Deluxe 3-Bike Trunk Mount Bicycle Rack
This is a premium quality storage system that will allow you to transport up to 3 bikes with ease. The rack is made of high-quality steel and it also includes a safety strap that needs to be installed to stabilize the bikes.
Pros – This is a well-built rack system that is ideal for transporting up to three bikes at once. Furthermore, the included safety strap will keep your bike stabilized while driving.
Cons – You can’t use this on vehicles with a spoiler on the back. Furthermore, this is an expensive product which makes it hard for frequent riders to invest.
Suggestions – Needs a mounting point on the bikes so that you can secure it with a bungee cord or something.
MaxxHaul 50027 Hitch Mount Bike Rack Platform Style 2-Bike Rack
Pros: The hook design is great, and straps help keep the bike secure. The hooks and cradles are adjustable for different sizes, and the vertical post can be quickly removed for compact storage.
Cons: It can be hard to attach at first.
Suggestions: This rack is fine for most people, but those with expensive bikes may want to get something sturdier.
1. What is the best bike rack for Tesla Model 3?
2. How to choose the best bike rack for Tesla Model 3?
3. What are the features of the best bike rack for the Tesla Model 3?
Some of the features that you may want to look for in a bike rack for the Tesla Model 3 include: