If you own a Tesla Model 3, then you know how much of an inconvenience it can be not having access to charging stations. The EV only comes with a standard charging cable that connects to chargers at home or at public stations. That means if you want to drive your car somewhere that’s farther than the usual distance from home and back again, you need to find other solutions. The best way to do this is by installing a home-charging station in your garage and buying an extension cord for your car. But which one is best for your car? Keep reading for all the details!
Amazon Basics 20-Foot Extension Cord
– Safe for Indoor Appliances: The extension cord is designed for use with the home and office, and has multiple power outlets to help you get the job done
– One-Touch Design: The plug-and-use design makes it easy to connect your devices without having to worry about complicated wiring or installation procedures
– Durable Design: This AmazonBasics 20-foot outdoor extension cord comes with a heavy gauge vinyl sheath that protects both you and your device from being burned by an overload of electricity
– Range Limits: One potential concern with this particular extension cord is that it has a limited range – 20 feet long – which may not be enough if you want more flexibility around your space without sacrificing outlet access on the other end of the line (especially when looking for something like outdoor power sockets).
Cable Matters 2-Pack 16 AWG Heavy Duty Power Extension Cord
– Safe to use: The extension cord is safe to use and grounded for protection against electrical shock, so it can be used for more power-hungry appliances like a computer or refrigerator.
– 16 AWG wiring adds durability: While our cable may look just like regular wire, the thicker 16 gauge wiring provides added durability and less chance of breaking from any bending or stresses in the outer casing material that could affect its ability to carry a current safely.
– Great Lengths Available: Extending an existing cord with one of these cords lets you add up to 100 feet of extra length with ease.
– Erosion of Connectors and Plugs: Over time the connectors get worn out from regular use causing them to be damaged and unusable for their intended purpose, that is the transfer of electrical currents between two devices like an extension cord’s plug being inserted into a power outlet receptacle
GE Pro 3-Outlet Power Strip with Surge Protection
– Surge Protection: The GE Pro 3-Outlet Power Strip with Surge Protection comes with 2 outlets that offer surge protection to secure your electronics and keep them safe from unexpected power surges.
– Compact Design: Take this small power strip with you when traveling, camping or staying at a friend’s place and never worry about plugging in all of your electronics again! Its slim size will fit easily into any bag so you can travel light without the bulkiness of a charger block!
– White Finish Turns Yellow after Use: The white finish on the outlet and plug will start to turn yellow as it is used more often over time.
Parkworld RV 30A Extension Cord
– Heavy duty and Durable Cord: High quality of the material and use of copper as a conductor also provide good durability to the cord which generally lasts for more than one year.
– 3 prongs extension cord is especially useful in storms or other emergency situations wherein power outages happen often without any warning, rendering traditional two-prong cords useless at such times. This can be used for RV’s too!
– Maximum Loading : The maximum loading capacity on this particular device ranges from 600 Volts up to 30 AMP, which accommodates most electrical needs securely with no trouble whatsoever
– Heavy and Bulky: It weighs significantly more than average extension cords.
Clear Power 50 ft 12/3 SJTW Heavy Duty Outdoor Extension Cord
– Durable and Long Lasting: This is an outdoor extension cord that is made to last for a long time. Its thick insulation makes it water, weather, kink & abrasion resistant which also helps prevent corrosion of the nickel coated brass blades on this product and limits arcing on them.
– Grounded Plug & Connector: The grounding plug can help reduce the risk of electrical hazards
– Works in Temperatures From -40°F up To 140°F: This means you can use your clear power 50 ft 12/3 SJTW Heavy Duty Outdoor Extension Cord even if there’s ice forming outside because it’ll still work during those cold winter days
– Price: The Clear Power 50 ft 12/3 SJTW Heavy Duty Outdoor Extension Cord is available in multiple choices of lengths, but the price is relatively high for each cord.
1. What is the best extension cord for Tesla Model 3?
The best extension cord for Tesla Model 3 is the one that is specifically designed for the car. It should be able to handle the high currents that the car requires, and it should be able to connect to the car’s charging port easily.
2. How do you use an extension cord for Tesla Model 3?
To use an extension cord for Tesla Model 3, first, make sure that the cord is rated for the high currents that the car requires. Then, connect the cord to the car’s charging port. Finally, plug the other end of the cord into a standard outlet.
3. What are the benefits of using an extension cord for the Tesla Model 3?
The benefits of using an extension cord for the Tesla Model 3 include the ability to charge the car in places where there is no direct access to a charging station, and the ability to charge the car at a higher rate than what is possible with a standard outlet.
4. How does an extension cord for Tesla Model 3 improve the car’s performance?
An extension cord for Tesla Model 3 can improve the car’s performance by allowing it to charge at a higher rate than what is possible with a standard outlet. Additionally, the cord can also help to extend the range of the car by providing additional power.
5. What are the safety features of the Tesla Model 3 extension cord?
The Tesla Model 3 extension cord is equipped with a number of safety features to help ensure safe operation. These include a built-in circuit breaker that trips if the current flow exceeds a safe level and a heavy-duty strain relief clamp that helps prevent the cord from being pulled out of the socket.